POLICE CLERK- Open Position
Full-time Police Clerk
- This is administrative work in the daily operations of the Police Department.
- Responsibilities include general secretarial and clerical duties for the Police Department.
- Work is performed under the direction of the Chief of Police and is periodically reviewed in progress and at completion.
- Assignments are carried out in accordance with established policies, procedures, and instructions.
TYPES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Clerical tasks related to the daily operation of the policies of the Police Department with 9-1-1 Emergency Center.
- Provide information and referrals to other city or police personnel.
- Data input of police statistics, correspondence and general information.
- Answer Police Department administrative phones.
- Maintain various reports, spreadsheets and files
- Knowledge of computer systems: ALERT, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and 9-1-1 computer entry.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- High school diploma or equivalent. Operation of computers and office equipment.
- Background check and Pennsylvania State Police records check of fingerprints.
- 90 Day probation period.
- Sharon residency required within 6 months of employment
- Please apply on Indeed: City of Sharon Careers and Employment | Indeed.com